First Fridays in Grand Center
Searching for art in St. Louis? Every first Friday of the month, museums and galleries in St. Louis’ Grand Center are free and open from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Discover the neighborhood’s remarkable array of visual arts at eight venues that are all within walking distance of each other. Come for the art and stay for dinner in this premier arts district that has something for everyone.
Participating venues include Bruno David Gallery; Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design; Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis; Portfolio Gallery; the Pulitzer Arts Foundation; the Sheldon Art Galleries; and on the Saint Louis University campus, the Museum of Contemporary Religious Art and the Saint Louis University Museum of Art.
*Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design, The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, the Pulitzer Arts Foundation, Sheldon Art Galleries, Museum of Contemporary Religious Art, Saint Louis University Museum of Art and International Photography Hall of Fame will be closed on July 4, 2014.
- Bruno David Gallery: OVERVIEW_2014 / A Group Exhibition; Christ D. Smith: Interaction; Martin Lang: Forever Untitled (names sake)
- Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis: Great Rivers Biennial: Brandon Anschultz, Carlie Trosclair, and Cayce Zavaglia; Katharina Fritsch: Postcards; Audible Interruptions: Van McElwee and Cameron Fuller and Sarah Paulsen; Brenna Youngblood: Loss Prevention
- The Sheldon Art Galleries: Imagining the Founding of St. Louis; St. Louis Camera Club Centennial Exhibition; The City at 250: A Citywide Celebration in Photography
- International Photography Hall of Fame: Decisive Moments | 20th Century Street Photography Prints from St. Louis Collections
- Pulitzer Arts Foundation: Art of Its Own Making
- Saint Louis University Museum of Art: Urban Wanderers: A Partnership with Stray Rescue