First Fridays in Grand Center
Searching for art in St. Louis? Every first Friday of the month, museums and galleries in St. Louis’ Grand Center are free and open from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Discover the neighborhood’s remarkable array of visual arts at eight venues that are all within walking distance of each other. Come for the art and stay for dinner in this premier arts district that has something for everyone.
Participating venues include Bruno David Gallery; Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design; Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis; Portfolio Gallery; the Pulitzer Arts Foundation; the Sheldon Art Galleries; and on the Saint Louis University campus, the Museum of Contemporary Religious Art and the Saint Louis University Museum of Art.
- Bruno David Gallery: Buzz Spector: New Work
- Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis: Sunflower+ Project: CAM; Mel Chin: Rematch; Mark Flood: Another Painting; Carla Klein
- International Photography Hall of Fame: Portrait/Process
- Portfolio Gallery: Women & Wardrobe: The Riehl Collection
- Saint Louis University Museum of Art: The Dream: presented by the Winter Family Collection and “The Dreamer”
2nd Annual Theater Crawl during September 5 First Fridays
Enjoy live performances by some of St. Louis’ finest theatre groups: HotCity Theatre, Upstream Theatre, St. Lou Fringe, Prison Performing Arts, St. Louis Actors Studio and Stray Dog Theatre. While you’re here, visit our world-class museums and galleries, free and open to the public every First Friday.