First Fridays in Grand Center
Searching for art in St. Louis? Every first Friday of the month, museums and galleries in St. Louis’ Grand Center are free and open from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Discover the neighborhood’s remarkable array of visual arts at eight venues that are all within walking distance of each other. Come for the art and stay for dinner in this premier arts district that has something for everyone.
Participating venues include Bruno David Gallery; Craft Alliance; Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis; Portfolio Gallery; the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts; the Sheldon Art Galleries; and on the Saint Louis University campus, the Museum of Contemporary Religious Art and the Saint Louis University Museum of Art.
2014 First Fridays Dates: April 4, May 2, June 6, August 1, September 5, October 3, November 7, December 5
- Bruno David Gallery: Carmon Colangelo: Storms; Thomas Sleet: Modem-Topology; Lana Z Caplan: Woman in the Dunes
- Craft Alliance: Fail-Safe: Discomforts Close to Home
- The Contemporary Art Museum - St. Louis: Dear Nemesis, Nicole Eisenman 1993-2013; Joyce Pensato: I KILLED KENNY; Readykeulous by Ridykeulous: This is What Liberation Feels Like; Ron Gorchov: Serapis; Street Views: Takeshi Murata; Audible Interruptions: Nathan Cook & Andrew James
- The Sheldon Art Galleries: Imagining the Founding of St. Louis; Dan Younger: Travel Places; St. Louis Camera Club Centennial Exhibition; Walking Grand Center: 4 Streetscape; Inspirations: Art by Students of Mehlville High School
- International Photography Hall of Fame: Decisive Moments | 20th Century Street Photography Prints from St. Louis Collections; Anna Kuperberg’s South Side; St. Louis Shoots: Contemporary Street Photographers from St. Louis