First Fridays in Grand Center
Searching for art in St. Louis? Every first Friday of the month, museums and galleries in St. Louis’ Grand Center are free and open from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Discover the neighborhood’s remarkable array of visual arts at eight venues that are all within walking distance of each other. Come for the art and stay for dinner in this premier arts district that has something for everyone.
Participating venues include Bruno David Gallery; Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design; Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis; Portfolio Gallery; the Pulitzer Arts Foundation; the Sheldon Art Galleries; and on the Saint Louis University campus, the Museum of Contemporary Religious Art and the Saint Louis University Museum of Art.
- Bruno David Gallery: Tom Reed: everybody knows this is nowhere; Laura Beard: The Ravenna Suite; Amy-Enkelmann-Reed: Walk with me
- Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design: Holiday Pop-Up Shop at the Kranzberg Arts Center
- Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis: Mel Chin: Rematch; Mark Flood: Another Painting; Carla Klein; Marco Rios: At Loulou’s Door
- International Photography Hall of Fame: Eric Greitens: Strength and Compassion;
- Museum of Contemporary Religious Art: Rebecca Niederlander: Axis Mundi
- Portfolio Gallery: Hands Up, Don’t Shoot: Artists Respond
- Saint Louis University Museum of Art: St. Louis Creates: Works by Local Artists
- Sheldon Art Galleries: Barbara Holtz: Retrospective; Marty Stuart: The Art of Country Music; Hilda Stuart: Choctaw Gardens; American Buildings: Architectural Drawings from the Collection of Kyrle Bodlt III; Through Their Eyes: Children Imagine St. Louis History; Wm. Stage: Photographs and Assemblages