First Night® in Grand Center
Call for Artists
Grand Center, Inc. is searching for a design for First Night in Grand Center 2015 to be held on December 31, 2014. The theme of First Night 2015 is “St. Lou-minous;” as St. Louis closes its STL 250 celebrations, we look to the bright and luminous future of St. Louis. To honor and celebrate our heritage, First Night in Grand Center 2015 will also showcase St. Louis artists and performers.
- All designs must be submitted by 5 pm on August 8, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must include artist name, current address and daytime phone
- High resolution, digital files must be submitted in Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop formats and become the sole property of Grand Center, Inc.
- A cash stipend of $1,000 will be given to the artist
- Review and selection of design will be made no later than August 15, 2014
- The selected design will appear on the Grand Center website, posters, programs, buttons and other media associated with First Night in Grand Center 2015
Thank you for your support to Grand Center in Give STL Day for First Night 2015
Grand Center participated in Give STL Day on Tuesday, May 6. Give STL Day is a 24-hour giving event on May 6 with local impact. Learn more about Give STL Day at www.givestlday.org.
Get ready for First Night 2015 - St. Lou-minous!
Thank you for voting for your favorite First Night 2015 theme.
In celebration of the 250th Birthday of the City of St. Louis, we are prepping for a First Night to remember! To honor and celebrate our heritage, First Night in Grand Center 2015 to be held December 31, 2014 will showcase St. Louis artists and performers. Our First Night 2015 theme contest ended in early April. The winner is First Night in Grand Center - St. Lou-minous! Stay tuned as we announce updates for First Night in Grand Center 2015, the closing event for stl250 celebrations.
View photos from our December 31, 2013 event on our Facebook page here. The event began at 6 pm with entertainment at both outdoor spaces and indoor venues as well as Midnight Fireworks sponsored by PNC Bank.
Founded in 1976 in Boston (1991 in St. Louis), First Night® is a community New Year’s Eve celebration. First Night in St. Louis takes place in Grand Center with both outdoor and indoor family friendly activities and events. First Night’s® mission is to broaden and deepen the public’s appreciation of the arts through an innovative, diverse and high quality program which offers the community a shared cultural experience that is accessible and affordable to all. In order to maximize the participation of people of all ages, First Night® is a non-alcoholic event.