Grand Center Inc. (GCI) creates the conditions for a thriving creative community in Grand Center Arts District. GCI is a non-profit organization, centrally located in Grand Center Arts District.
GCI is the leader in enhancing the visitor experience when visiting the arts district. Our primary goal is creating the physical environment that insures a positive experience. Our focus ranges from infrastructure improvements to managing security to the installation of public art along with many additional activities. Ancillary programs include the activation of public space, district tours, collaborative district marketing, economic development, and convening arts partners to work together on larger, district-focused programs.
Job Purpose: The Development Manager (DM) works directly with the Executive Director to create and manage the infrastructure associated with a professional development function. The DM also assists the Executive Director in setting goals and priorities in fundraising. Through assistance in cultivation, direct fundraising, or research and support, the DM helps create a thriving and successful fundraising environment to allow the organization to meet its goals.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in St. Louis, Missouri. The Development Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the Executive Director, develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy that meets annual operating and programming goals and focuses on increasing contributed revenues in subsequent cycles.
- With assistance of outside resources and staff, plan and manage the annual Gala. Design and run smaller donor development and thank you events.
- Manage the grant program with a freelance grant writer. Provide support for grant writing.
- Oversee Raiser’s Edge to insure consistency of data, use to its fullest capacity, and adherence to best practices.
- Run reports from Raiser’s Edge to inform the fundraising process and identify prospects.
- Regularly prospect for potential new donors.
- Prepare the Executive Director for all fundraising calls. Attend and assist as requested.
- As directed by the Executive Director, assist in direct fundraising activities for district projects.
- Develop a new membership program and manage the system to its fullest potential.
- Develop a portfolio of donors who give smaller gifts into larger donors.
- Develop smaller fund-a-need campaigns as directed by the Executive Director using tools like Kickstarter or Giving Tuesday.
- Manage volunteers as needed.
- Collaborative – An energetic personality that is comfortable in a dynamic environment with many stakeholders, can recognize and identify strengths, seeks consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious – A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical – Strong analytical, systems, and problem solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through program design and evaluation while still maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Reliable – Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, and efficiency. Capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Flexible – Capable of performing at a high level while managing multiple priorities as part of a “lean” team. Able to work nights and weekends as required.
- Driven – Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- 4-6 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year of managing development-based programs or activities.
- An understanding of the St. Louis philanthropic and civic community.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is required.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by November 22, 2019.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Grand Center Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.