Grand Center Inc. (GCI) is a non-profit organization that creates the conditions for a thriving creative community in Grand Center Arts District. GCI is the leader in enhancing the visitor experience. Our focus ranges from infrastructure improvements to managing security to the installation of public art along with many additional activities. Ancillary programs include the activation of public space, district tours, collaborative district marketing, economic development, and convening arts partners to work together on larger, district-focused programs.
Grand Center Inc. is seeking a creative and energetic strategic Marketing & Communications Manager. As a member of the GCI team this candidate will:
- Organize the communications strategy for organization.
- Lead the overall communications and public relations efforts necessary to properly promote GCI and Grand Center Arts District and maximize our impact on the St. Louis region and beyond. Serves as the staff lead for the Marketing Committee.
- Partner with senior leadership and Development Team to assess existing and develop new campaign messaging and collateral materials that can be translated into all aspects of the organization.
- Maintain effective media relations to build broad-based support, increase earned media and oversee all paid media.
- Engage the community via social media strategies, sponsorships and other strategic partnerships.
- Execute the Digital Media Strategy and drive strategies to increase traffic to the newly launched GCAD web site and all social platforms.
This newly-created role reports directly to the Executive Director of Grand Center Inc. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Communications Strategy:
- Create a communications strategy and develop messaging that can be carried over to the broader organization.
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan for the organization.
- Implement the communications plan on a day to day basis while tracking progress. Adapt the strategy, messaging and plan as necessary.
- Provide regular updates and reports to senior leadership and the Marketing Committee.
- Oversee all collateral/creative and liaise with external creative consultants and agencies.
- Execute the Digital Media Strategy and oversee the integration of the digital strategy for the organization to include: all social platforms, web site updates, CRM content.
- Leverage media coverage to grow the community’s understanding of GCI’s unique contribution and stewardship of GCAD.
- Compose compelling press releases and develop ties with local media agencies to ensure coverage of major achievements and events.
- Oversee activities of staff on day to day press releases to ensure accuracy and consistency in the messaging.
- Posting and planning social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) for @grandcenterartsdistrict and GCI channels.
- Gathering and analyzing monthly analytics for social channels and websites.
- Creating and writing e-newsletters and digital communications.
- Communicating and collaborating with area partners.
- Editing marketing materials.
- Updating website content and calendars; working with vendors and marketing consultant on all website updates.
- CMS management and troubleshooting (WordPress)
- Project managing new website initiatives and upgrades
- Identifying and engaging with influencers + collaborators.
- Optimize SEO.
- Spearhead outreach to local organizations and individuals to create creative synergies for the organization.
- Effectively utilize the website and social media to provide messages/updates and attract patrons/followers/visitors.
- Identify strategies for the organization to connect with the community via partnerships and sponsorships.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop campaign messaging and collateral materials.
- Oversee the development and printing of all marketing materials to ensure the messaging/branding is consistent and effective. Effectively manage vendor/consultant relationships.
- Work with the development team to implement all campaign related special events and newsletters.
- Oversee all advertising placements (print, digital, SEO)
- Serve as the staff lead for the Marketing Committee of the Board.
- Oversee the Marketing budget.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- At least 2-3 years of strategic communications experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Familiarity and established relationships with media outlets.
- Active on social media.
- Knowledge of CMS.
- Excellent copywriting and copy editing skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Project management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of web analytics.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with website management and graphic design applications.
- Ability to craft compelling content.
- Design skills highly desirable.
- Creative eye and ability to keep the organization “on brand”.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, unquestionable character and background, and a command presence are mandatory. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of constituents.
- Must like working with people in collaboration, and having a hands-on approach to creating success.
- The ability to include and engage diverse populations to join the effort is imperative.
- Must be personally accountable for deadlines and goals.
- Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and direct the flow of multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to effectively represent Grand Center Inc. and reflect organizational values. Passion for our mission and desire to go above and beyond to fulfill the position and make an overall contribution to the organization.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by May 31, 2020.