Chris Peimann, Marketing and Publicity Director at the Sheldon Concert Hall and Art Galleries, shares her favorite things in Grand Center Arts District.
1. Jazz St. Louis: After wrapping up a show at The Sheldon, I love catching the late set at Jazz St. Louis. It really feels like a big city experience to sit in that beautiful club “after hours” to hear some of today’s best jazz musicians. And if the set is sold out, hanging out in Nancy’s Jazz Lounge is a great experience as well!
2. Vito’s Ristorante: Before a show, or for an indulgent lunch, Vito’s is my favorite stop. I have fond memories of hitting the pizza buffet as a student at Saint Louis University back in the ‘90s, and since then they’ve grown into a great restaurant serving some of the most underrated pizza, pasta (and bread, of course!) in the city.
3. Pulitzer Arts Foundation: One of my favorite places to find a little serenity during the day is at Pulitzer Arts Foundation. The building is so peaceful, and the artwork is thought-provoking and powerful.
4. The Vibrant Neighborhood: I am a runner, and Grand Center Arts District offers one of my favorite routes for weekday runs. Taking a jog through the District when the theaters and restaurants are all starting to light up, and patrons are starting to fill the streets, truly reminds me how cool it is to work in such a vibrant neighborhood every day!
5. St. Louis Symphony Orchestra: Obviously, I am fan of live music, and the St. Louis Symphony is one of my favorite “bands” to hear live. I recently heard a very modern program at Powell, and I was so emotionally engaged in the music, I could only describe the experience as thrilling. We are so lucky to have such easy access to the SLSO week in and week out!
Chris Peimann has served as Marketing and Publicity Director at the Sheldon Concert Hall and Art Galleries since 2006. A 1998 graduate of St. Louis University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications, Chris began her career at The Sheldon as Marketing Assistant in July of that year. In her over 20 years at The Sheldon, Chris has overseen all aspects of marketing, publicity, advertising, graphic design and ticketing for the 712-seat concert hall and adjoining art galleries, which present over 350 events each year.
In addition to her work at The Sheldon, Chris is an avid arts supporter and fine dining fan, who loves to enjoy our city’s fabulous cultural institutions. She has served on the board of Hot City Theatre, and on advisory committees for Perennial STL and Cabaret Project St. Louis.